TO PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT
We in Rocky Mountain Cafe believe in protecting the environment. It is company policy to ensure that our operations do not pollute the water, soil, and air and that our existence is beneficial to the ecosystem in which we are a part.
• The conduct of an Environmental Impact Assessment prior to any project and the identification of mitigation measures.
• The preparation and implementation of an Environmental Management Plan during project operations.
• The enforcement of an Environmental Monitoring Plan to enhance cumulative positive effects and to mitigate the negative impacts, including the conduct of water and air quality tests.
• Prudent use and care of water and soil as well as all resources found in water and soil.
• Recycling, whenever possible, the materials we use and reducing our use of raw materials as well as patronage of indigenous materials when appropriate.
• Promoting the use of biodegradable cleaning agents and other environmentally friendly products
• Proper disposal of solid and liquid wastes in order to abate pollution.
• Use of alternative technologies, such as composting of wastes and organic Arabica farming systems in order to preserve the characteristics of the environment.
• The promotion of reforestation through Arabica tree farming in denuded agro forestry areas and reducing our carbon footprint.